Flickr member since June 2007
Visit Angelas photostream: Wattyz
1. What do you like better, pictures or food?
*looks down at stomach* I'll have to go with food?
2. When did you first realize that you were pretty good at taking pictures?
I'm still working on it. I have had a camera since about 5th grade on. My first camera was a purple le clic disc camera. My how times have changed.
3. What inspired you to become a photographer?
I guess seeing shots that I don't see other people normally don't take is what inspires me. I can watch 20 people take the same scenic shots of something, and find more interest taking a photo of the person taking the shots rather than the scene they're shooting. I'm a bit of an oddball I suppose.
4. What's your toughest challenge in photography?
My toughest challenge is to capture an image the way that I see it in my head. I am definitely my toughest critic.
5. Which picture (of your own) is your favorite, and why?
I don't really have one. Quoting Imogen Cunningham, "Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow.”
6. Are you more of a "keep trying until you figure it out" type, or "look it up and see how it's done" type?
A bit of both. I will look to see how it's done and then keep trying until I get it right; then try to do it better.
7. Why do you think photography appeals to you, instead of another form of art?
Because I suck at drawing. Haha! I don't know. It's so much easier for me to see something as a photograph than having to think of how it could be interpreted into any other art form.
8. Are there any photography/processing techniques that you really don't like?
None that I can think of.
9. The switch from film to digital changed a lot of things. What is the best thing to come of the transition, in your opinion?
That you have instant gratification. You can review your images and see if it needs to be taken again or not.
10. .... and the worst?
Businesses losing money on photo processing. Everyone has become a photographer with their camera phones now.